Fly Fishing Lessons in Estes Park
$215 Per Person
Always wanted to try fly fishing? Not sure where to start? This class is for you! All gear provided, guests over 16 years will need a valid Colorado Fishing License.
Our fly fishing 101 Class is a 3.5 hour class that is always held outdoors, on the river and never in a classroom! Classes begin with an introduction to the gear you will be using as well as a brief “Buyers Guide” to better help you understand what gear you must have and what we can get by without. We will then cover how to set up a fly rod and reel combo, Basic Entomology, Trout Identification, Reading the River and finally, Casting & Presentation.
Each student will receive (6) six hand tied flies w/ fly box, as well as a copy of the Colorado hatch chart and Fly ID card.
MINIMUM CLASS SIZE 2 STUDENTS, MAXIMUM 6 STUDENTS
Learn everything you need to know to begin fly fishing today!!
- Knot tying and rigging (dry flies, dry-dropper, streamers & strike indicator use).
- Basic entomology ( fly identification & selection)
- Local trout identification
- How to identify areas holding fish a.k.a. “Reading the River”
- Presentation & casting (Presenting the flies to the fish and making a “Drag Free Drift”).
- Six free hand-tied guide flies and box.
- Hatch chart & Fly ID Sheet